During the second IFF Central Board (CB) meeting of the year, the CB decided about the organisers of the future World Floorball Championships.
Two IFF Member Associations bid to host the WFC 2024: Singapore and Sweden. The evaluation was completed by 12 persons including representatives from the IFF Executive Committee, IFF Rules- and Competition Committee and the IFF office. Based on the evaluations the bids of two interested organisers were even.
-The Central Board discussed the matter extensively and felt that both applications were really well and professionally prepared. It was the first time that IFF had two such equally well-balanced applications, making the decision extremely difficult. The IFF CB decided to appoint the Swedish Floorball Federation as the organiser for the IFF Men’s World Floorball Championships 2024, based mainly on the overall bigger positive declared financial impact for IFF in these difficult times in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic, says Mr. John Liljelund, the Secretary General of the IFF.
– The IFF CB wants to congratulate the WFC 2024 organiser Sweden, but also thank Singapore for a very good and professional bid. The CB also wants to congratulate the two future event organisers, Floorball Denmark and the Finnish Floorball Federation.
This is the fourth time that Sweden organises the Men’s World Floorball Championships, the previous being in 1996, 2006 and 2014.
Men’s U19 World Floorball Championships 2023 to be played in Denmark
The IFF CB decided to nominate Floorball Denmark as organiser of the Men’s U19 WFC 2023. This is the first time that Denmark will host an U19 WFC. Floorball Denmark plans to organise the event in Fredrikshavn in Arena Nord, the 26th to 30th of April 2023, with both playing venues being under the same roof. Arena Nord is the same venue where the Women’s WFC 2007 was played.
Women’s U19 World Floorball Championships 2024 to be played in Finland
The IFF CB decided to nominate the Finnish Floorball Federation as organiser of the Women’s U19 WFC 2024. This is the third time that Finland will host the U19 WFC and 2024 is exactly 20 years since the first Womens’ U19 WFC was played in Tampere, Finland. Finland has also previously hosted the Men’s U19 WFC in 2009. The Finnish Floorball Federation plans to run the event in the city of Lahti in the Lahti Sports and Fair Centre, the 1st to 5th of May 2024, with both playing venues under the same roof.
FF Committees & IFF Athletes’ Commission
Rules and Competition Committee (RACC) & Jury group:
- Mr. Martin Klabere Chair (SWE) – elected earlier by CB
- Mr. Jan Jirovský Vice chair (CZE)
- Mr. Marek Chomnicki (POL)
- Ms. Zane Klabere (LAT)
- Mr. Kenneth Ho (SGP)
- Ms. Meelike Terasmaa (EST)
- Mr. Teodor Turay (SVK)
- Mr. Ari Vehniäinen (FIN)
- Ms. Victoria Wickström (SWE)
- Mr. Beat Wullschleger (SUI)
- Mr. Tomas Sladky ATC member (CZE)
- Ms. (ATC member) – will be nominated by ATC later (until it is set Agata Plechan (POL) is covering the position).
Referee Committee (RC):
- Mr. Carlos Lopez Chair (ESP) – elected earlier by CB
- Mr. Peter Harris (AUS)
- Mr. Petr Cerný (CZE)
- Mr. Mika Saastamoinen (FIN)
- Mr. Peter Zámecnik (SVK)
- Mr. Ola Hamberg (SWE)
- Mr. Lukas Gyger (SUI)
Medical Committee (MC):
- Dr. Walter O. Frey Chair (SUI) – elected earlier by CB
- Dr. Tiina Nylander Vice Chair (FIN)
- Dr. Lars Erik Bartels (DEN)
- Dr. Jonathan J. Koo (CAN)
- Dr. Patricia Wallace (AUS)
Athletes’ Commission (ATC):
The CB confirmed the successful female candidates to the Athletes’ Commission for the term of 1st March 2021 – 28th February 2025.
- Josefina Eiremo re-elected (SWE)
- Lara Heini (SUI)
- Kabaziba Daphine (UGA)
- Yui Takahashi re-elected (JPN)
Agata Plechan (POL) is the Chair of the ATC (elected earlier by CB).